PT Kartanegara Energi Perkasa
Established in 2004, we are a fast growing enterprise that focuses on the following four industries: Coal & Mining, Oil & Gas, Independent Power Plan and Agriculture & Forestry.
Our current assets include four coal mining concessions with a contract area for oil and gas in the South East Madura Block with an area of 4,567 sq Km, and a 2 x 15 MW coal – fired independent power plant. We have plans to develop our business in each of these areas through organic growth, Greenfield development and through the acquisition of value – additive business.
We soon will open a gas fired Power Plant in East Kalimantan. The power plant will be capable of producing 2 x 41 MW and expected to commence operation in December 2012, with an additional upgrade to a total of 125 MW in 2013.
We have accepted our role as a leading Indonesian Company and these are our guidelines:
- A keen focus on capital returns in order to improve stakeholder value.
- Respect for transparency and international standards of corporate governance.
- Contributions to the development of local communities.
- Environmentally friendly business practices.
The key duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems and provide a two way communication in problem solving and reporting.
- Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations, minimize operation risk.
- Control power generating equipment, including boilers, turbines, generators using control boards or semi-automatic equipment and other interfacing equipment.
- Regulate equipment operations and conditions, such as liquid substance levels, based on instrument data, instruction manuals or from computers.
- Take regulatory action, based on readings from charts, meters and gauges, at established intervals.
- Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary and as instructed by the authorized personnel.
- Inspect records or log book entries or communicate with plant personnel to assess equipment operating status and report any irregularities.
- Regular control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feed water heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power.
- Clean, lubricate, or maintain equipment, such as generators, turbines, pumps, or compressors, to prevent failure or deterioration as required.
- Communicate with systems operators to regulate and coordinate line voltages and transmission loads and frequencies as per instruction manuals.
The background, education, and work experience needed to succeed in this job are:
- Minimum S1 / D3 in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Graduate from local (Kalimantan) University / Academy / Sekolah Tinggi.
- Minimum Age 25 years for Staff.
Minimum working experience;
- 5 years in Power Plant industry is a MUST
- Willing to be stationed in East Kalimantan (40 Km from Balikpapan)
- Strong Skill and knowledge in electrical industry.
- Strong leadership, problems solving and organizing skills.
- Willing to achieve higher responsibility.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight schedule.
- Good command in both written and spoken English is a MUST.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. If you are a suitable match for this position please send your application (application letter, resume, expected salary, and any related supporting documents, color photograph) to
and PLEASE indicate ONLY in the email subject with: